Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hail Mary Full of....snow?

When I was a little kid and the weather folks would call for a big snow storm, I was sit in my room and make the sign of the cross over and over again really fast chanting "please let it snow God, please let it snow." I always thought if my dad had found out that I was doing the sign of the cross, he'd get pissed but I couldn't help it. I wanted snow days, dag-nab-it!

So here I find myself on the verge of what may or may not be a snow day almost wanting to do it again. It was supposed to start around 6 and now it is almost 8:30 and there is nothing yet. So I wonder if it will really happen. We haven't had any real snow this year so it would be nice.

But nothing.

I made up a meal for dinner tonight. I like making up stuff and tonight's turned out good.

3 cloves of garlic
1 chopped onion
olive oil
turkey sausage
1/2 red wine
1 can (28 oz) organic fire roasted tomatoes
1 can mushrooms (I have always preferred canned mushrooms - don't know why)
1.5 tsp Italian herbs
salt
pepper
chopped basil (6 or 7 leaves)
Organic Penne

It turned out really yummy! And there was plenty for leftovers tomorrow. I meant to add capers but I forgot -- I'll add them when I warm it up tomorrow for lunch or dinner (depending on if I am home or not.)

I have been trying to shop at Whole Foods more and pick up Organic items when possible. I do wish that eating better didn't cost more - that is a frustrating part of the process but it is worth it in the big picture.

I spent some time today stimulating the economy. I am in the market for some new shoes and I have a big challenge finding shoes as I am a "rare" size. I'm an 11 and it totally sucks. I went to the outlets outside of Pottstown and went to about 8 stores and didn't really find what I wanted. I did get 1 pair but I am still in the market for a brown pair. Buying shoes shouldn't be so challenging. I did pick up a few other things that I have been wanting so that was good too.

And I tried to complete my first photography class assignment and I botched it up. I am not really sure what I did wrong except perhaps my subject was too far from me. I'll try it again tomorrow if I can find a time and place to do it. Hopefully tomorrow will be a snow day and I can wander around and take some pictures....yay!

0 comments:

Post a Comment