Friday, March 6, 2009

Time Flies When You're Having Fun...

Are we having fun in here? I have been writing and editing a blog post over the last few days so I decided to just start over and blab for a bit before I go upstairs and finish the laundry and pack.

Why pack you ask? I'm going to Baltimore tomorrow with my sweetheart for his niece's 1st birthday. I am bringing the camera so this will be the first real test run of it. I tried to take some pictures last weekend of Holly's daughter but it was a bust. Well, not really as the pictures are cute but they didn't capture what I was trying to for my photography class. Speaking of which -- I am loving my class! We're also going to stop at a winery or 2 on our way there and/or back as March is Barrels on the Brandywine and we have our passports and glasses ready! Now we just have to go taste wine. YAY!

I also declared this morning that I am sick of feeling like crap. I'm sick of eating junk, I'm sick of being tired all of the time and I'm sick of being out of shape. So I got rid of a bunch of junk in the house tonight - I ate really well today and I contacted wonder trainer Jen to help me put together a program and I registered for a 5K. I haven't done one since October so it will be...ummm...interesting but 5Ks keep me honest and I do enjoy them so back to them I shall go! It is starting to warm up here so I'm going to get up early tomorrow morning and hit Ridley Creek Park and walk the 4.3 mile loop. And then not be able to walk for the balance of the weekend. HA! It will be good for me and will feel good to be back out in the world. I am just so ready for this winter to be over. It does feel good to do things that are good for me. I just have to remind myself of that when I am tempted to do things that aren't good for me.

In other news, I booked plan tickets to go to Florida in May. Three of my best girlfriends are flying own to visit the 5th of us. I am excited! We haven't gotten together like this in a long time and it will be nice. 2 of my friends are expecting babies this summer so it will be a nice last horrah before they are back in new born mode. And maybe I can get a little sun in my face too.

And on that note - I shall go prep for the weekend so that I can get up early and hit Ridley Creek.

1 comments:

Kristin said...

go you on the 5k!

your Florida trip sounds fun!

Post a Comment