Monday, May 4, 2009

Mind, Body and Spirit

I have been quiet on the blog front for a few weeks…I do apologize.

It has been an interesting few weeks in Amanda-land. In the big picture, things are dandy. Work is good but busy and busy in a good way. Life with family, friends and the wonderful boyfriend are great. I finally lived a dream and went to Fallingwater in Western PA. Next weekend I am going to Florida with my dearest girlfriends and then in June Mr. Wonderful and I are going to Vegas Baby, Vegas for a 4 day trip. Life is really good.

I did hit a blip in the road about 2 weeks ago when I found out that someone I counted as a friend didn’t really extend me the same courtesy. The details are really unimportant but it has really gotten me to think about my friends and how I treat them. Being a good friend is very important to me and I think that on the whole I am a very good friend. But I am not perfect and I have been thinking of the ways in which I am not the friend that I want to be. I am nosey by nature and that may lead me to be a bit of a gossip. If you ask me to keep something in complete confidence, I do. No questions asked. But I do talk about my friends with other friends but I really try to not say something I wouldn’t mind getting back to the other person – at least in sentiment. I may say about friend x “gosh, she is making some crazy headed choices” and to that friend I may say “I am worried about you and your choices” but the sentiment is consistent. But I am trying to be aware of those times and be as honest about that policy as I can. That’s all one can do.

I am also back on the wagon of taking care of myself. I am eating better, exercising more and putting some bigger events on my calendar for the year. Philadelphia Distance Run, anyone?

At the end of the day I just want to feel good – in mind, body and spirit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment